Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Graphic Novels

I just attended a webinar on graphic novels; here are some that I thought sounded entertaining:







Geppetto has been killed by vampires. Pinnocchio is out for revenge and he has an unending supply of wooden stakes - all he has to do is tell a lie and break off his nose.

This is a great premise and it also rides on the current vampire wave.







Tony Chu is one heck of a detective. He gets psychic impressions from everything he eats. He can tell you whodunit just by taking a bite out of the victim.

This falls under the category of "So gross that I have to read it".







This is a prequel to the movie, Serenity.

OK, so this one wasn't included in the webinar but I had to add it here. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the TV series that both the movie and graphic novel are based on, Firefly. Think western in space.





Woodland fantasy adventure of a girl and her dog. For fans of The Hobbit, Bone, or Owly.

There's nothing I like more than a "girl and her dog" story.



No comments:

Post a Comment