Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another Reason to Wear a Big Funny Hat

Well, we survived the fashions of last week's royal wedding but there is another reason for the ladies to wear a big ol' funny hat: The Kentucky Derby. I'm not much of a gambler, but I do enjoy an exciting race. To help make it exciting, I like to pick out my own personal favorite to root for. And with a field of 20 horses, there are a lot to choose from.

I like Mucho Macho Man because if he wins (and he has pretty good odds), it will be the first time that a female trainer will win the Derby.
I like Pants on Fire because I like the name and he has a female jockey.
But, I think I will be rooting for Watch Me Go because I have a soft spot for the underdog (and with the #20 post position and long shot odds, he's definitely an underdog) and he also has a female trainer.

I can't wait for the most exciting 2 minutes in sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment